Monday, January 5, 2009

#55 Lose 10 Pounds (the first 10)



OK. The real is about to come out:

Calories in a Bottle of Table Wine
(5 Servings)
• Dry White (e.g. Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay): 550 calories
• Off Dry (e.g. Reisling, Chenin Blanc): 590 calories
• Muscat: 650 calories
• Dry Red (e.g. Syrah, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon): 570 calories
• Red Bordeaux: 580 calories
• Red Burgundy: 600 calories
• Red Zinfindel: 570 calories

I can drink a bottle of wine by myself and have been doing so regularly for a minute!! No wonder I am not losing weight the way i would like! I am about to steer clear of the spirits man! Especially during the week. It's easy to say, "I'm going to go home and unwind with a glass or two of wine..." but, that leads to three glasses or more...these extra calories are a meal!! Not to mention the expense as I had called myself wanting to be somewhat of a connoisseur, I began to creep up into the $20/bottle category (not that price is the only thing that matters, but...Shotfire Shiraz? Yum!!) Anyway, facing up to the facts that my body not budget can support such a habit. I will enjoy it more if i save it for special occasions anyway! So, as a reminder, I am posting this, as well as pasting a copy in my journal.

Here's to skinny sobriety! Peace!!

No comments: