Tuesday, December 23, 2008

#47 Rebuilding My CD Collection



www.esperanzaspalding.com

This young lady is so dynamic and inspiring!! i love going to Borders and listening to the headphone displays and finding new and beautiful surprises! I have found the best selections that way!! That's how I got hip to Paris By Night, Pacifika, and now Esperanza Spalding!! and it was only 11.99!! This counts toward my Spanish too because some of it is in Spanish and her website is bilingual. Every thing happens for a reason and nothing is coincidental. I watch my path unfold beautifully in front of me...



Yes!! I also bought Carly Simons Greatest Hits.

I swear i would have probably named my daughter Carly had i been as into her all along. Don't know why this latent awakening, but i just love, love, love her songs! The lyrics just move me:

(From That's The Way I Always Heard It Should Be)

My friends from college they're all married now
They have their houses and their lawns
They have their silent noons
Tearful nights, angry dawns
Their children hate them for the things they're not
They hate themselves for what they are
And yet they drink, they laugh
Close the wound, hide the scar

No comments: